February 23, 2012

Second Grade Rocks

The school years seems to be flying by at a rapid pace - I can't believe summer will be here in 3 months. We stay so on-th-go with the daily routine of school and after school activities that it can at times be exhausting for mom and the kiddos. I always complain that it is just such a long day for them. They leave the house at 7 in the morning and we usually don't get home until around 5. So what goes on during all those school hours? You can always ask and ask when you pick them up, but usually the answers are short and they are ready to NOT talk about school for a few minutes. They had rather play and joke around. I am lucky that Ms. Kuenzel, Chapel's teacher this year, keeps online photo albums of all the important happenings. I love looking at these pictures for two reasons: 1. they keep me informed and 2. I get to see my little girl in her natural school environment.

The year begins....
A group project. Look at that smile!
Cypress Gardens field trip - a serious student.
Smiling and joking as usual - maybe the class clown??
Reading at her desk.
Another group presentation.
Special friends day with PaPa.
Class Christmas party.
And a field trip this week to the College of Charleston Science Building.

Based on these, I think second grade looks like a great time. And even more so, I think Chapel looks like she is having a AWESOME time!

2 comments:

  1. Don't know whose smile is the biggest--PaPa or Chapel--oh how those two have a special bond! The pictures are great and our little girl is growing up too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful girl! Looks as if she is having a blast!

    ReplyDelete