February 28, 2012

Strawberries in February??

That was my response, too. After receiving an email from Ambrose Farms where we participate in the CSA, Brett announced on Saturday morning he wanted to go pick strawberries. I told him I was pretty sure strawberries were not in season but we called and sure enough, were informed there were plenty of ripe strawberries waiting to be picked. The kids were great helpers and enjoyed the whole experience. We picked two buckets full of big, red, juicy berries in about 20 minutes.

Jude showing off what he believed to be the largest berry we picked.
Conor just showing off.....

Chapel with her crop.

Eli and Jude with their buckets.



And Eli with a big red grin after a sampling the goodies. Also, did I mention he lost two teeth in one week??? Here is an unclose shot of his new toothless smile!

1 comment:

  1. I had forgot to ask you about the strawberries!! Man I would have loved to have been there picking with you all!

    ReplyDelete