May 09, 2011

Weekend Round Up

What an epic weekend! It would take at least 5 blog posts to give all the details. Unforutnately, as you can tell from my sparse posts of late, time is not on my side. So I will break it down and share the highlights of our great weekend with our friends and my great Mother's Day with my family.

Part One - Headin' To a Country Weddin'
One of my best friends from Clemson, Mary, was married this weekend on a hunting plantation in Clinton, SC. Brett and another dear friend Kelly Smith, officiated. What a reunion of old friends - we stayed up late every night laughing, talking, reminisicing and exploring this extremly unique wedding venue. Getting together with old friends reminds you of being young and makes you feel better about getting old.

Working hard after the rehearsal dinner to get the venue decorated.
And working the next day to tie the bows.
Brett & Kelly showed no signs of wedding jitters.
Mary and Andrew say I Do.
Mary and the girls.
Brett and Robert.



Part Two - The Barker 4 On Their Own
Well, they were not exactly on their own but they were so excited to be going to Papa and Gigi's for the weekend WITHOUT mom and dad! Can you believe that??? Chapel and Eli, especially, always ask to visit without us. Now, I know exactly how much they are catered to and spoiled when I am there, so I can only imagine what goes on when I am not! Whatever magic Papa and Gigi have, it works. All four came home exhausted and asking when they could go again. And mom and dad really enjoyed having them there - they called me last night and were missing them already.....

Lots of land and places to explore on the 4 Wheeler.
Ladybugs to catch.
Outdoor picnics.
Tuckered at the end of the day.
Getting dressed.
Headed to church.

Part Three - A Perfect Reunion
We all met back home on Sunday - Mother's Day. I was ready to squeeze my babies and my own mama by then. The kids came home with their arms full of presents the made at school variety and the ones Gigi helped them pick out. Each kiddo presented me with a little bag when they arrived home. Chocolates, a card, candles and body scrub. All my fav's.
Chapel gave me the sweetest little note. She's so thoughtful!
Conor and Jude gave me these handprints they made at school.
Eli's school project was this painted pot with flower.
Papa and GiGi gave me this beautiful rose bush, which we planted that afternoon.

Part 4 - Behind Every Good Mom.....
There is a great dad. I am so thankful Brett is my partner in life and that he works so hard for our family. Spending this weekend with him at the wedding was so nice, we seldom get time to ourselves and it when we do I realize exactly how much I appreciate him.
He told me to pick a new swimsuit for Mother's Day (guess I've been very vocal about my need for swimwear) and I am currently trying to pick between these two.

Brett likes this one....
But I am partial to this one.....


2 comments:

  1. What a great weekend! Miss you all. I like both bathing suits but the green one is really pretty--I like the detailing on it better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, oh my! Wish I could do it all over again! Soooo much fun having (almost) all of us together in one place again. :) Thanks for all of your help with wedding stuff. I don't think diy is appropriate, really. I think diwloh (do it with lots of help) hits the nail on the head.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete