August 24, 2009

Flip This House



Finally! The painting project on the first floor of our home has ended and I am so pleased with the results. Brett and I moved into our house four years ago and we literally hung our pictures on the nails that were already in the walls. And while the paint colors were not bad, they were light bluish gray and yellow and did not reflect our personalities or our modern furniture. We have been hoping to paint and redecorate for some time now and these new bright paint choices have been just the inspiration.  The biggest change we made, however, was not color but furniture arrangement. We are making a bold statement and moving the television out of the living area and into a smaller former study which we have now renamed the “family area”. We also flipped the couches from the study and living room and in place of our TV we have our book cases and photographs and I love the finished product. And even though I am excited that the television is no longer the focal point of our home, I readily admit I miss watching the TODAY show when making the kids breakfast – because Matt and Meredith and Al are like my BFF’s in the morning. But with this new arrangement I hope we achieve a cozy space where our conversation, and not the conversations of others will be the focus. 

As for the paint and redecorating - the inspiration will continue to the second floor very soon. 










No comments:

Post a Comment