August 19, 2009

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

There is a term in psychology used to define positive stress in our lives. It is called eustress and it is different from distress because it is a healthy stress. I am currently in state of eustress. Can you guess why? School. That's right, school started back today and I am feeling the changes. Changes make me nervous. All of a sudden I am responsible for getting Chapel and Eli to school by 7:45 with hair combed, teeth brushed, uniforms and clothes wrinkle free, homework and bags packed. And honestly I am "eustressing" to death - I don't want to be the mom rushing around at the last minute, I want to be organized, prepared, sending my children off with a kiss and smile every morning. So here I am, starting a new year with a renewed vigor, hoping that I can help my children make the most out of their learning experience. 

But enough about me! Chapel and Eli went today to meet their new teachers, see their classrooms, and drop of their school supplies. Chapel is officially in Kindergarten now and Eli in Primary. Eli has Ms. Case (who taught Chapel in Primary) so I feel very certain his year will be wonderful. Chapel has moved to an entirely different building across campus and her teacher will be Ms. Prause. There are several familiar faces in her class, girls that have been going to Ashley Hall since they were also 2. What is so exciting is that Chapel gets to take, as part of her curriculum this year, violin, dance, swimming and French. Eli also gets daily French lessons and is now old enough to do after school swim lessons. YAY - we are estatic about another wonderful year at an awesome school. 

Unfortunately for this post my pictures aren't great. I actually forgot to take ANY in Chapel's class but got a few in Eli's class. First day back is hectic and eustressful for all!







No comments:

Post a Comment