August 31, 2009

Cashing In the Rewards Points

Chapel and Eli have been working hard of late. Since the day school started back, big sissy has helped me get the babies to the car by holding their hands and getting them down the stairs, putting on her and Eli's shoes, buckling Eli's car seat. Really, that is a lot for a 5 year old. I told her last week that she deserved a reward for all of her help. After the house was painted, we have also had the kids working diligently to put things back where they belong. Not easy after playtime. Not only have Chapel and Eli picked up their toys, put their shoes in the shoe basket, and helped clean up the living room and kitchen areas before bed, they have also cleaned up after the babies with little complaints.

This weekend, Chapel asked when she was going to get her reward. I had kinda forgotten I had promised a reward but it so happened that I had a credit at the Wonderworks toy store and an appointment near by, so I decided today to cash in the points and make good on the rewards. Chapel's surprise was a set of Calico Critters (with twin babies) to go with her Calico Critter house Papa Ed recently gave her. And Eli got this GREAT bulldozer that he has had his eye on for sometime. And let me tell you, those kids were so excited when I picked them up at school and told them they had a surprise waiting. I know it may be a Monday and not a special day for gifts, but my helpful, sweet babies deserved a reward and I am happy to let them know that I appreciate their help and I am so glad they have been doing a great job! Oh, and the little babies enjoyed all the playtime as well.








No comments:

Post a Comment