September 02, 2009

Working Girl (and Boy)

Jude and Conor have grown up at SPROUT. They were four days old on their first visit - Brett and I took them on a Saturday with us to work on payroll. I can't tell you how many times they have been since that day or the number of hours they have logged but they certainly have spent a great deal of the past year at work with mom. Taking them to work has always been rewarding and easy because:

1. We are a maternity and infant boutique.
2. Many of our customers followed my pregnancy and are excited to come in and see me there with the babies. 
3. Twins are pretty fascinating and they make a great conversation piece.
4. My twins are particularly cute and friendly to everyone who comes in contact with them.

Today I went to SPROUT at 8:15 with the intention of leaving around lunch time to run a few errands and then pick Chapel and Eli up at carpool. At 2:15, six hours later, I finally packed up the babies and my bags and walked out the door. Can you believe they were perfect angels the entire time??? I couldn't ask for more patient, sweet babies. It was like they read mommies mind today. They knew I had a ton of work to get done, and they just behaved the best they could and let me get it done. Jude loves to sit and watch customers shop. He sits very still and waits for someone to notice him. Conor, on the other hand, begins talking to someone the minute they walk in the door. Now if only I could teach them to say, "Are you shopping for anything special today?"







No comments:

Post a Comment