July 13, 2009

Personality Plus

My son, Eli Barker, has a lot of personality for a small guy. From the minute his feet hit the floor in the morning he is "ON". He wakes up and immediately requests chocolate milk, which I have learned to keep on hand to avoid starting our day off on the wrong foot. Tomorrow is going to be rough because I ran out of chocolate milk this morning! Eli also loves Scooby Doo, pirates, flashlights and all emergency vehicles. He does not like putting on his shoes, washing his hair or taking naps. 

Last week, while Chap (as he calls his sister) was at farm camp, I walked with Eli around the block so he could drive his monster truck - a Christmas present from PaPa Ed. He asks me at least once a day if he can drive his monster truck. He is not the best driver - usually opting to look back at me and run up on the curb instead of looking ahead, or sometimes bumping my leg or the stroller, but he does know the most important rule - STOP at the stop sign. I love this picture of him with his hair blowing in the wind and the earnest look on his face. He is a funny, serious, handsome little man that usually steals the hearts of all my girlfriends with his charming personality. 

What I think is so fun to watch with him is how distinct his personality has become. For so long he chased after Chapel and didn't talk much but now he really concentrates, thinks, ask questions, and generally gives me a run for my money. I love how hard he lives life and how much he enjoys being a kid. I love that he simply wears himself out everyday. Ahhhhh, to be 3 again!

No comments:

Post a Comment