July 12, 2009

Pizza + Ice Cream = Too Much for the Tummy


Last summer when I was VERY pregnant Chuck E. Cheese became a familiar hangout for our family. It is indoors so you can escape the Charleston heat......the kids can run around and play.......they have food........everything a mom expecting twins could desire for a fun family day out. We last went in April with the cousins to celebrate Eli's birthday so it has been a few months since we hit our old stomping ground. Today we took the babies for a little post-bday celebration, and it was the first time they have been when they could walk around and explore. They loved it -  rode the rides, played in the toddler center, even ate the pizza for the first time. 


Now Chapel, who has the smallest appetite ever, LOVES the Chuck E. Cheese pizza. This child who I have to threaten, force, bribe and coax to eat on a daily basis will sit at the booth long after everyone else has finished eating and eat slice after slice of the Chuck E. Cheese pizza! I don't get it - they must put some secret ingredient in that keeps kids begging to go back and eat there again, 'cause my kids always want to go to Chuck E. Cheese.


Later in the afternoon, we decided to have ice cream cones. I was inside making Chapel's ice cream and when I came out Jude's mouth and outfit were covered in chocolate - I was thrilled... Why you might wonder? Well it was great to see my man Eli sharing his cone with Jude without me asking.  Eli is usually very protective of toys, food, anything. So it was a surprise to see him sitting quietly with his brother and letting him have a taste. Chapel shared with Conor and she was so excited that after every lick she would smack her mouth over and over. 


But alas, the day may have proved too fun for the weak stomached. Jude spit up several times during the afternoon and when I just went to check on him in the crib, he had thrown up all over the place. YIKES. A bath and change of clothes later he is resting comfortably in my bed while I wash and dry the crib sheets. Too much for the little one's tummy. Tomorrow it is back to the baby food diet.....

1 comment:

  1. Jodi, I just wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying your posting of the Barker babies. It was so sweet to see Eli sharing with Jude. Also, I noticed this weekend how much Chapel loves them and wants to help care for them. She would pick them right up and take them where she thought they needed to be so that they could play with their new birthday toys.
    They are all growing up so fast. Take care and I love you all. Mom

    ReplyDelete