July 14, 2009

Membership Has Its Advantages


Of all the memberships I've had in the past 5 years, my SC Aquarium membership has been the one in which I take the most advantage. Brett gave this gift to Chapel for her first Christmas and I have renewed it every year since. I remember when it was just the two of us, I would take her and it was so peaceful and she loved to watch the fish in the great ocean room and climb on all of the steps and play in the play area. Now I can take all four babies and let them run wild and it's so much fun to watch them get excited. Conor loves all animals and sea life and just squeals in delight when a fish swims past....

Most moms I know also have a membership, which makes making playdates super easy. On any given day you can call your friends and say, "we're heading to the aquarium" and usually one or two will show up - kids in tow. So not only do my kids have a great time and enjoy themselves, but I usually get a chance to catch up with a fellow mom or friend. Or in the case of today, my best friend and sister, Meredith. Who is moving to Germany with her husband and my sweet niece Reese in one month. For 4 incredibly long years.  I have demanded that she hang out with me every other day before she moves (except for the days I am out of town, of course) because I know once she is gone, she is gone...... and I don't want to feel like we were too busy in our day to day routines and didn't make the time to enjoy the last month before she leaves. I should have demanded this six months ago but it did not seem as realistic then as it does now. I think I have guilted her reasonably enough, and I am genuinely excited for her and her family and the adventure they are embarking upon, but I am also very selfish and don't want her to live that far away from me. I am working hard to get her to start her own blog so I can keep up with their European adventures. Here are some pics of us today - just spending some quality time together and with our kids at the aquarium. Making the most of our memberships.






















































2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that aquarium! Rich and I went there together before moving from the Charleston area; all the teachers in the surrounding area got to go free right after it opened, in hopes that we would want to bring our classes back on a field trip. I love the pictures you took of your day, and I'm glad you are making the most of the time you have with your sister; mine is still back at the beach, and I don't get to see her enough!

    ReplyDelete