April 07, 2011

Bahama Mama

The first sign of land after leaving FL was our arrival in the Bahamas. My first impression of Nassau was a great one. Colorful, expressive, bright and sunny. We chose to do the Atlantis port excursion which for a (high) fee included the water parks, aquarium, beach area and a free lunch. Atlantis, which I had always thought was for the rich and famous (remember Whitney Houston's reality show) did not impress me. I found it to be a little dirty, un-stroller friendly and the highly acclaimed water park reminded me of the little old Splash Zone here on James Island. None-the-less, the beach area was gorgeous, the kids had a great time and we were in a new country on vacation - not too shabby.

Arrival!

Taking in the sun at Atlantis.


What is it about a fountain that gets kids so excited?
Trying to catch a minnow with some friends they made.


Our next port adventure was the following day at Disney's private island, Castaway Cay. Now, this was my favorite part of the whole trip? Why.....
I went snorkeling for the first time ever. We all rented the gear but Eli and Brett stayed closer to land while Chapel and I held hands and snorkeled around. That's us on the left of the picture below.
My big man enjoying the island.

2 comments:

  1. I was so glad to read your post! We just got back from the Bahamas. We went to Sandals resort and debated on taking a day trip to Atlantis. We have kids so I knew we would not be back for some time so I kept wonderinf if me made a mistake by not going. I am glad we didn't. We kept hearing (at the resort) that it was pricey & they don't treat you very well (because there is so much traffic). I feel better now. Loved the Bahamas, but missed our kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, wondered if we made a mistake by not going.

    ReplyDelete