September 28, 2010

Departures & Arrivals

Can you imagine your very first time EVER on an airplane being an overnight flight to Germany? Eight hours on a plane is enough to make anyone go a little nutty. Chapel, however, was a most impressive first time flyer. She came prepared with her ipad, gum, books, pens and pencils. And though she was very excited to take-off, she quickly tired and managed to sleep about seven of the eight hours onboard. Fine by me! I enjoyed a movie, two dinners (she never woke to eat hers), and a short nap myself.

Take-off!

We arrived in Frankfurt - one hour from Meredith's house and were met at the airport by a smiling Aunt Mimi and Reese holding flowers. So sweet. We had a very relaxed first day - I decided jet lag had gotten the best of me so I napped a little, showered, and then out on the town of Otterbach we went. We walked to a typical German restaurant in M's town. Such a cute town to walk around and explore. The houses were bright and well-manicured, there were hills all around, the air was cool (a nice break from the heat we left) and there was no humidity, which our hair loved! Dinner was excellent and it was nice to finally have reached our destination.
Outside our dinner venue.
Chapel pretending she is still adjusting to the time difference.
Troy & MiMi - I think this is the only picture I took of the two of them together!
Picking out ice cream for dessert.....

1 comment:

  1. She did seem to perk up quite a bit when it came time to pick out ice cream!

    ReplyDelete