January 25, 2010

Tourist In Our Own Town

Kiawah Island is very close to Charleston and Folly Beach. I can't believe I have never been there or that I did not know much about the neighboring island (other than the fact my friend Kelly Smith once waited on George Clooney there. And, yes, he was gorgeous!) This weekend, we had an incredible opportunity to explore the entire island.... The SC BAR convention was held there so we decided to make it a family excursion. Brett found an awesome 3 bedroom villa to rent and while he was away attending some classes, the babies and I took full advantage of the alligator tours and free time to relax. Once dad rejoined, we explored the beach and enjoyed walking around the pristine island. Brett and I even had the opportunity for some "adult time". His mom and dad joined us late Friday night and watched the kids so we could go to a reception and dinner. Here are highlights of us being tourists in our own town... so to speak!

Alligator Tour....I suspect I know more about alligators now than the average American. We had an excellent tour guide that explained the habitats and the lifestyles of the alligators on Kiawah. I loved going on this with the kids. All of them were completely mesmerized and enjoyed the 2 mile walk.
Can you find the gator in the photo?
And in this photo?
The next day, while taking a walk, we also ran across this awesome sight! How often do you spot an owl sitting in a tree????



And finally, Brett and I enjoyed a walk with our oldest, Miss Chapel, along the pristine beaches and picked up starfish and all sorts of awesome shells. As much as I love the entire family being together, I treasure the one on one time I get to spend with my babies! It is so neat to see their unique personalities shine through.
Chapel balancing on the boardwalk.
Beautiful Kiawah beachfront.
Some shells we collected on our walk.







No comments:

Post a Comment