October 06, 2009

They're creepy and they're kooky, Mysterious & Spooky

My husband rocks! On Sunday I went on a home and garden tour of Folly Beach with my friend Darlynne, and when I returned home 2 hours later the twins were napping and the older kids had completed their first Halloween project: A Halloween Haunted Gingerbread House. Who even knew gingerbread could be haunted?? Chapel and Eli loved decorating the house and when I asked them what their favorite part of the project was, they answered:

Eli: "The chocolate!"
Chapel: "Sampling all the candy!"

This haunted house is indeed haunting my children. Everyday they climb up the bar stools, sit directly in front of it, and proceed to ask no matter how many times we have said "no", if they can have a piece of candy from it. They have to really control themselves not to sneak a piece off! I keep counting the candy corn on the front to make sure it has not been vandalized. So far I have noticed one missing but did not catch the thief. Oh my, they have  long time to wait until Halloween.....I wonder how many pieces will survive the "sticky" fingers??







No comments:

Post a Comment