September 28, 2009

Houston....We've Lost A Tooth!








We have wiggled it, we have jiggled it. And tonight, right before bed, Brett finally pulled it. Chapel Barker has lost her first tooth. It has been loose for a while now but I kept begging them to leave it in a little longer. I remember her cutting that little tooth and I now I feel what I know has been happening for some time now has happened ....my baby has grown up. 

She was such a trooper. We could tell it hurt,but she assured us she was okay and stood as still as a statue as Brett worked to get that tiny tooth out. When it finally was all said and done, she was the proudest little girl I have ever seen. She skipped, yelped, and gave Eli some sage advice, "Don't worry Eli, you will lose a tooth when you are 5, too." Eli was so excited for his sissy. He even posed with the tooth and took some pictures of Chapel for me.

Chapel has now retired to bed. The tooth is in a little ziplock bag under her pillow and she is dreaming, I am sure, about the toothfairy. Brett and I will definitely treasure that little tooth and every tooth from every baby for years to come. 


No comments:

Post a Comment