June 20, 2011

A Good Reason for Cake

While shopping at Whole Foods yesterday and eyeing the delicious cakes, Chapel reminded me that today, June 20th, was none other than Franklin's 11th birthday. A dog that old deserves a cake, right? Franklin was my first baby and before I had kids, I would send out handmade invitations and have birthday parties for him - he even has his own scrapbook! Some days, I think Franklin is on his last leg, he's not as quick as he once was, his eyes are a little cloudy, and he seems grouchy now and again, but then'll he see a squirrel or small niblet of food and that old familiar spryness returns. Our kids love him, and he really is an excellent pet. So G.H. Franklin Barker, we wish you a very happy birthday. Hope you enjoyed the cake!

The kids getting ready for the much anticipated party. Notice Reese has arrived!
Singing Franklin his birthday song.
And letting him lick the icing. Note to my mother and Brett's mom, Franklin DID NOT eat his cake at the table. He went out on the front porch... This was just a great photo op!


No comments:

Post a Comment