February 01, 2011

Second Home


Thank goodness Robert lives near both SPROUT and the kids schools. His house really has become a second home to me, although I doubt he would be as quick to call it the same. Several days a week I hang out there between pick-ups and drop-offs, nap times, work hours, etc. It is both convenient and cozy and there is wireless internet, snacks, toys, sippy cups and diapers he stocks for my kids - you get the picture.

This past Sunday, Brett had to work on taxes at the store and it was such a warm day I wanted the kids to burn some energy outdoors. So off to Uncle RaRa's we go. To give you a sign of the times, they were at first a little bored. "There is no playground." So I encouraged them to use their imagination and this is what they came up with...... a blueberry pie. Made in a frisbee from dirt and some (probably poisonous) berries they picked from a bush.
After boring of this game, Robert invited them to play in the leaves he was raking. And then the fun really started. I don't remember ever being this excited over leaves, do you???







1 comment:

  1. oh my they're funny! RaRa looks as if he was being a good sport and it also looks like Eli might be doing another Edward pose in that last picture!

    ReplyDelete