January 14, 2011

GNO & Girls Date Night

With this weekend being a long one, I am looking forward to two things. Tonight is book club, but since no one in the club had time to read the book over the holidays, we have decided it will be more of a GNO (Girl's Night Out). All my girlfriends agree, the cold weather has created a bad case of cabin fever for us moms so a night out with just the ladies sounds like a great way to catch up and escape for a few hours. We have chosen Rita's on Folly Beach - I love their burgers! I think my last GNO was the Children's Museum Gala when my sis was in town (refer to blurry pic below.)
Second, Chapel and I have been talking about watching GONE WITH THE WIND for a while now. She has been begging for a GWTW movie date night since we put the tree up and she played with all the Scarlett ornaments. Brett says the movie might be a inappropriate for her age - what do you think? Can a six year old watch/understand/not be damaged by watching GWTW?
Hope you have a nice, long weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for our GNO tonight!!!! And I think that Chapel would be fine to watch this movie, she is a lot more mature than most girls her age, and she seems to really be into it! I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember GWTW being that scandalous and I'm sure we watched much worse when we were young and we turned out just fine! Have fun at GNO, wish I could be there--I need one big time!

    ReplyDelete