November 16, 2010

Lovesong

Before there was the Barker Four, there was just Brett & Jodi. At times, it is hard to remember our lives when it was just the two of us and everything was a little slower paced - when we dated, our wedding, our honeymoon. But today, November 16th, is our 8th anniversary and I took the opportunity to sit down and pull out our wedding photo's and so many memories came rushing back! Getting married and having a huge reception was awesome. Getting married to Brett was even more memorable. I am lucky that the man I married is still the coolest, most entertaining and fun guy I have ever met. Not to mention he is smart, kind and patient. As our lives have grown and our responsibilities increased, I know how blessed I am to have him as my life partner. Happy Anniversary, Brett! I love you more today than ever.

This picture was taken around the time we got engaged. Look how young we look. And my hair - goodness!
My official bridal portrait.
November 16, 2002. We were married in Conway with all of our family and friends surrounding us.
We have always been a bit untraditional. My sister stood with me and my best friend Robert also stood on my side. Brett's brother stood with him and his BFF Andrea stood by his side as well. We had 11 honorary bridesmaids that were great friends to both of us.
The cake!
I truly treasure this picture as it is the only photograph I have of the two of us together on our honeymoon in Key West.



No comments:

Post a Comment