July 16, 2010

An Affair to Remember

You may remember our good friend Margie and her beautiful family from such past blog posts as Thanksgiving 2009:

Well, last Tuesday Margie called me to say she might be getting married to her fiance Trey on Folly Beach on Saturday. She also said my husband might perform the wedding ceremony, my children might be flower girl and ring bearer, and the reception might be at my house. I simply replied, let me know as soon as you know. Thursday morning, I received the following text, IT'S ON! What?? How was she, I mean I, going to get ready for a wedding in 2 days?? And how was she going to get a cake, dress, photographer, soloist, the list goes on and on in 2 days? But Margie is a machine and she does not disappoint. When Saaturday afternoon rolled around she showed up with her entourage, dresses, cakes, food, music, soloist - the whole nine yards. And I thought I had a lot to do getting Chapel's flower girl dress and Eli's ring bearer ensemble together.

The ceremony was so sweet and simple and beautiful. It was just her and Trey and her kids, one of her sisters and their best friends. My mom and dad were also in town and had the opportunity to attend. We have all known Margie for over 6 years now and we were all so excited to see her tying the knot with a great guy.

Congratulations, Margie and Trey! We wish you much happiness and feel very blessed that we were asked to help you celebrate your special day!

Making her way down to the beach.
Brett officiating.

Chapel loved it when Brett said you may now kiss the bride....
Eli proudly showing off his little box the rings were in.
The happy couple.
The happy family.
All the men at the wedding.
All the women.
Mom and dad with half the kids....


Robert and Ashley.
Walking in at the reception....
Renee using the new gong to announce Mr. & Mrs. Trey Thompson. (Finally, we have found a good use for the gong!)
The cake. Can you believe she got this in two days?
And finally, my babies attending what I believe to be their first wedding and reception.




No comments:

Post a Comment