March 09, 2010

Fonduely Yours



Aunt Mimi's extended visit allowed her to stay with us for a big day - her 32nd birthday! We decided to celebrate her birthday with a delicious fondue treat. Babies in bed, the adults and two older kids enjoyed dipping pretzels, potatoes, apples, bread, broccoli and turkey sausage in the wonderfully cheesy mixture. Thanks to Brett, as always, for creating an awesome dinner for the party. The evening was a low-key birthday celebration but it was so nice to have Meredith here, in the country, and our friends Robert and Damien joining us. Having my sister with us for 3 weeks was such a treat. Meredith is the kind of sister that just helps me pick up the pieces and keeps me moving forward. Anything I ask she is willing to help me do, and she never asks for anything in return. She is very unselfish that way - whereas I have always demanded everything go exactly the way I want or else I come undone. I admire her ability to be such a good friend and listener. And I also admire how observant she is of just her everyday surroundings. My head is so far in the clouds I sometimes forget to just look around and see things for what they really are. So here we are, on M's bday, after a long and tiring week, just enjoying some good food, good conversation, and good company.



Brett explaining to Eli that since his food fell of his fork in the pot he has to kiss the person to his right - Chapel.









No comments:

Post a Comment