January 11, 2010

Auld Lang Syne - Part II

Our actual New Year's Eve Party took place in the lobby of the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC. We have chosen to celebrate here for the past several years because:
1. once we arrive, it requires no driving
2. it is kid friendly
3. there is a band and decorations and free party favors
4. moms and dads can order champagne and kids can order Shirley Temples
5. it is a great party environment - great fun and great people watching (or at least I like that part!!)

Part of the fun is wearing our NYE outfits. Everyone likes to get dressed up for the big party. This year, Chapel wore a dress sent by Aunt MiMi and Eli and Dad wore their new Polo sweaters. The little babies wore their matching black and white ensembles. Usually Eli is the kiddo that makes until midnight, but this year, only Chapel and her cousin Caroline made it until the ball dropped.
Eli gearing up for the celebration.
'

Cousin Bren dressed to the nine's....
Chapel with her Shirley Temple and sparkly dress.

Conor posing in front of the grand tree in the main hall.
Conor and Jude on the sleigh.
And grinning for the camera.....
One funny story, Chapel and her cousin Cross had been talking about dancing at the party all night. Eli got a jealous and when I was dressing him to go downstairs he said to me, "Mom - Cross told me he is not going to marry me. He is going to marry Chapel." So I said, "Oh, well, that is okay if he wants to marry Chapel instead of you. " And Eli replied, "But mom, I've got a plan. I'm gonna punch him in the face and then he will marry me!" I laughed so hard. I said, "Eli, you can not punch someone in the face and make them marry you. That's not the way it works..." Eli replied, "Why not??" I don't really know why not, but usually it just does not work that way.....

Chapel and Cross dancing....

Midnight arrives and Eli is O-U-T.
Caroline and Chapel made it to the countdown. True Party Girls...

The second best part of our New Year was the unexpected snow storm we woke up to on Saturday morning. Several hours and several inches later, we were downstairs at the hotel having a true snowball fight and making snow angels.

Cousins Bren, Cross and Caroline looking cool.
Chapel and dad.
PaPa Ed - love this pic.
Eli and Chapel making snow angels.

Me and MaMa Anne and two cold babies.

And finally, Auld Lang Syne, is basically a song about days gone past and not forgetting friends. So it with much symbolism that my great and dear BFF, Tammy, came for a second year in a row to hang with us during our trip. She lives only one hour away and I cherish every minute of our time together. She loves my babies, understands my husbands humor, and tolerates all of my neurotic tendencies. Oh how I wish she lived closer! Cheers....

2 comments:

  1. You are so sweet. I cherish those minutes as well, and I love spending time with each and every one of you! I miss you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics! Looks as if you all had a great time--miss you lots! You too Tammy!

    Meredith

    ReplyDelete