December 19, 2009

Christmas Card Chaos

It seems once you have kids, the appropriate card to send out at Christmas includes a photograph of your child(ren). Each year, for the past six that I have had kids, I have worked hard to get a nice photo and send it out to all of our family and friends. Sometimes the pictures are spontaneous and require no planning or work - like the one last year that was taken of our entire family in front of a beautiful tree in Disney World. I saw this photo and thought, this would make a perfect Christmas card. And it did.
This year, however, involved much more work. First, I ordered these cute matching "i believe" shirts from a nice lady that prints kids t-shirts for my store. Once that was done, I talked to this sweet lady who does photo's for my friend Caycee and she agreed on the spur of the moment to take the kids picture for me. So this past Wednesday I met her at the studio and it was WILD. Conor and Jude had been in the car for most of the day and Chapel and Eli drank a large coke in my car on the way there without my knowledge (long story) and that combination equaled complete chaos in this poor lady's studio. Which looked very much like she only photographed weddings and adults, not kids. But she was most accommodating and encouraging as my children ran in circles. I was convinced she would not be able to get one good shot; however, she managed to capture a few good poses for me to use. So for all of you who have not gotten my card, they are on the way. And when you see them, just know a lot of hard work went in to them! Next year, I am hoping to go the more spontaneous route.







2 comments:

  1. They are so cute! I miss you guys! Love, mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. Can't wait to get the card! I wish we lived closer I'd love to see the chaos in person. :-)

    ReplyDelete