December 08, 2009

17 Months - YES! They are twins!





Today, December 8th, my babies turned 17 months old. I can hardly believe they are practically 1 1/2 years old. Where did the time go? With each month they become more animated, more loving, and more fun. I took them park yesterday and even though they were dressed very similar, I got the same old questions. Are they twins? (Um, yeah! They are exactly the same size and both wearing chocolate stripes.) Followed by, is that one a girl and that one a boy? (Um. Um, I don't even know what to say. OF COURSE. One is in a dress and one is in pants and tee. They are definitely a boy and girl). Okay, so maybe it is not as obvious to everyone else as it is to me, but they are a pair and always have been. I guess as they age it is harder to tell they are twins. Jude's hair is so light and his skin so fair. Conor's hair and skin are very dark and she is a bit shorter than Jude. I guess I should expect these questions by now. We have been getting them from day one. And to tell you the truth, I am glad my babies still turn heads with their cuteness and still generate these questions from well intentioned strangers! Happy 17 month birthday, Conor and Jude.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe people would question when they are wearing matching outfits like that.

    They are so adorable. I just want to squeeze them!

    ReplyDelete