November 27, 2009

Thankful For You




Thanksgiving is without a doubt my husbands favorite holiday. Brett plans his menu for weeks, invites all of our friends and family, and then cooks a fantastic meal for a house full of people. Brett does all this and doesn't even eat the 19lb organic turkey that he has spent hours brining and cooking. Instead he eats tofurkey, a tofu turkey. Thanksgiving at our home has been our tradition since Chapel was born, and it is nice to have a holiday where everyone can come to us and we don't have to travel. Yesterday, Brett's mom, dad, brother, sister-in-law, nieces & nephews all drove in to be with us. We also had our friend Margie Pizarro and her three extremely well-behaved and polite teenagers join us.  And this year, if asked what I was thankful for, I would quickly answer,  "my life partner". Not just on Thanksgiving because he selflessly cooks for a house full of people. But this past year, especially, I have relied on him more than I can remember. Whether I've needed Brett's advice about the store, help with the kids, encouragement when my dad was sick or understanding when my sister moved, he has been there for me and always listens to my carryings on with patience. Brett truly is an amazing husband and father and he continues to prove that to me. Most importantly, he challenges me to be a better person and I appreciate that. Sometimes we all need a little encouragement in the right direction and a little help counting our blessings!

My little Turkeys.

The Barker Clan. Conor and Jude had wandered off by the time we got everyone in place!
The Pizarro Family.

Lexi brought her violin for Chapel. Chapel is taking Violin at school and was very excited to hear Lexi play.








No comments:

Post a Comment