August 02, 2009

Bye-Bye Barber BBQ


Robert, or Uncle Ra Ra as my kids call him, hosted a going away BBQ for Meredith, Troy and Reese last night. It was great to see all of our friends from out of town and those who live in town but for some reason - the life is busy reason - we don't get to see as often as we would like. Although we give Robert a hard time, he is an awesome host and he takes his job very seriously. He perfects his yard (including setting off two yard bombs), plans an elaborate menu, scrubs his house and has even been known to have his bathtub refinished before a party in an effort to make everything "just so". Everyone was in great spirits, even the guests of honor who should have been sobbing at the mere thought of leaving all of us behind to move to Germany. Germany! For four years! My friend Missy and I agree we are in denial about the fact that Meredith is actually moving. I suppose it won't actually seem real until she is there and I am not able to see her or be on the same time zone and call her every morning when I am driving the kids to school. I suppose this will be the start of new routines. Like phone dates or international texting or ichats or something..... How do people deal with LDR's these days? Oh well, enjoy the pictures of our Bye-Bye Barber BBQ - we sure enjoyed the good time.

Oh, and as a side note, since everyone was gathered I took that opportunity to really push people to read my blog. So if I have any new readers today, thank you very much!






1 comment:

  1. I made it into a picture! Wonderful party. Robert does good work.

    Look into Skype for keeping in touch with Meredith, Troy and Reese. It's an easy, online service and you can do video calls. And it's free. Just need a cheap ($40) camera that plugs into a USB drive.

    How easy? My mom was video Skyping to my brother and his first child in the Philippines before I even used Skype. We catch up with them every week on the other side of the world and get to see our newest family member grow up.

    -C

    ReplyDelete